Article Source: Sasn Mateo County District 1 Supervisor's Office
SAN MATEO COUNTY SUPERVISOR DAVE PINE HONORED FOR
CLIMATE CHANGE LEADERSHIP
Pine Receives the Individual Leadership Award at the 2020 Climate
Leadership Conference Sponsored by the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions and The Climate Registry
DETROIT, MI – Today, San Mateo County Supervisor Dave Pine was recognized with a Climate Leadership Award for Individual Leadership at the 2020 Climate Leadership Conference sponsored by the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions and The Climate Registry.
“I am honored to be recognized for my work in San Mateo County and the region to both reduce carbon emissions and prepare for the impacts of climate change,” said Pine. “Climate change is the most urgent challenge of our time, and the Bay Area is uniquely positioned to implement groundbreaking policies and programs that will inspire others across the country and the world.”
The Individual Leadership Award recognizes individuals who exemplify extraordinary leadership both in addressing climate change and engaging their organization, peers, and partners.
“Congratulations to 2020 Climate Leadership Award winner Dave Pine for his stand-out achievements,” said Amy Holm, Executive Director of The Climate Registry. “At a time when the world urgently needs more climate ambition, his efforts demonstrate what is possible.”
Specifically, Supervisor Pine was recognized for:
· Initiating and shepherding the formation of Peninsula Clean Energy, the first community choice aggregation program on the San Mateo Peninsula and the fifth in all of California;
· Helping to create and expand the San Mateo County Office of Sustainability;
· As Chair of the Board of the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority, advocating for the successful passage of Measure AA, a nationally unique nine county Bay Area parcel tax that funds shoreline projects that protect and restore the Bay;
· Leading the effort to form the San Mateo County Flood and Sea Level Rise Resiliency District, the first county-level agency in California to directly tackle sea level rise; and
· Sponsoring the first conference in San Mateo County to bring attention to the threat of sea level rise as well as the first water summit held in the county.
The annual Climate Leadership Conference is North America’s premier event dedicated to addressing the climate crisis through policy, innovation, and business solutions. The conference brings together forward-thinking leaders from business, government, academia, and the non-profit community to explore energy and climate solutions and opportunities, and to showcase climate leadership.
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change and works to forge practical solutions to climate change. The Climate Registry is a nonprofit organization working to reduce carbon emissions by designing and operating innovative carbon measurement, reporting, verification and recognition programs.
More information about the Climate Leadership Award winners is available at https://www.climateleadershipconference.org/awards/
Chief of Staff
San Mateo County Supervisor Dave Pine