Article Source: City of San Bruno CA
Safe and Sane Fireworks Safety Message
The City of San Bruno wishes you a happy and safe 4th of July!
ensure that all residents have the opportunity to have a safe and
enjoyable holiday, please adhere to the rules and regulations set forth
for proper use of Safe and Sane fireworks.
use of Safe and Sane fireworks is allowed from 12:00
p.m. until 9:00 p.m. from June 28 to July 3, and from 12:00
p.m. until 11:00 p.m. on July 4.
and Sane fireworks are only allowed on private property and at least
ten feet away from any residence, building, or structure.
and Sane fireworks are not allowed on public property such as streets,
parks, schools, or private open areas such as parking lots or vacant
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Anyone found using illegal fireworks within
City limits will be cited and fined $1000 pursuant to San Bruno
Municipal Code Sections 6.50.020 / 6.51.020. Property owners will be
cited and fined for allowing use of illegal fireworks on their
property. Officers will be strictly enforcing the laws that prohibit
the use of illegal fireworks in San Bruno.
- Use only State Fire Marshal approved fireworks
- Local ordinances should be verified before purchasing and/or using fireworks
- Always read directions
- Always have an adult present
- Only use fireworks outdoors
- Never use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials
- Light one firework at a time
- Have a bucket of water and a hose nearby
Fireworks Injury Prevention Safety Tips:
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse
- Back up several feet immediately after lighting fireworks
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Never experiment with fireworks
- Never attempt to re-light or “fix” fireworks
- Do not wear loose fitting clothing while lighting fireworks
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets
- Fireworks are not toys
Additional safety tips and information available at www.readyforwildfire.org.
do your part to make sure this is a safe 4th of July. Questions
regarding Safe and Sane fireworks in San Bruno can be directed to the
Police Department at (650) 616-7100. Use Safe and Sane fireworks
responsibly and have a safe and enjoyable holiday!